Sunday, September 25, 2011

OLD SCHOOL REVIEWS: 25 September 2011


Quick rundown of all the movies I watched recently:
Arthur (2011)
The Expendables (2010)
You Again (2010)

Full reviews after the jump...



 Movie:
Arthur (2011)
In Short:
The original is a classic, and this reboot is anything but.  All I could really think the whole time is how did this end up marrying this.  The movie starts painfully bad, and at about the half way point takes a turn for tolerable, but this is in no way forgives the dreadfulness that is the first hours.  If you were thinking of renting this one, please rent the original and use the money buy Katy Perry's CD on Amazon instead.
Bagpipe-o-Meter:
4.0/10




Movie:
In Short:
It would be easy to say this movie is exactly what you thought it would be (simple plot and graphic violence), but it just isn't.  What I wanted to some Commando style 80s violence and some Rocky IV style cheesy one liners.  What I got was fake looking wannabe Kill Bill style violence and no memorable dialogue at all.  I thought that Stallone knew what people wanted in this movie, but apparently the excess of HGH has finally got to him.  But they are apparently making a sequel that will come out next year, so someone must have liked what Sly had to dish out.
Bagpipe-o-Meter:
3.0/10


Movie:
You Again (2010)
In Short:
I watched this because you could stream it on Netflix and I thought it was something that would prevent my girlfriend from falling asleep 30 seconds into the opening credits.  But, surprise surprise, she was zonked before the title of the film had even shown, and I watched the whole thing cause I'm too stubborn to ever stop watching a movie once I've started.  The movie is the oft used story of women who hated each other in high school and cross paths again later in life.  It has a couple laughs, and maybe it was just my low expectations, but it wasn't all that terrible.  A very doable options for those of you looking for something to stream on Netflix tonight after Aaron Rodgers embarrasses Brian Urlacher (aka the most overrated football player in NFL history) for 60 minutes tonight.
Bagpipe-o-Meter:
5.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment