Saturday, June 11, 2011

What Fascinated Me Today: 10 June 2011

The Dictator – The first pictures of Sasha Baron Cohen are out for his upcoming Saddam Hussein-ish comedy.  Honestly, I’m a little fed up with Cohen at this point but I’ll probably give this one a try cause the concept is pretty far out there (Collider).

TrollHunter – The title of this film caught my eye on RT today and now after watching the trailer I am extremely intrigued.  The movie is a Blair Witch style fake documentary about, you guessed it, hunting trolls.  Doubtful that it will every come to a theater near you, unless you have a super artsy theater in your area, but I recommend you watch this trailer and try to hunt down the film on Blu-Ray in the future (Rotten Tomatoes).

The Book of MormonThe Book of Mormon was written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (South Park creators) and it has been nominated for 14 Tony’s!  When I heard the title of the show and the names behind it I assumed it would be a jab at the often mocked religion, but apparently I was wrong.  Parker and Stone are creative geniuses, and this just solidifies that fact (People).

Human Centipede II – Never did I think I would have to watch one human eat another human’s excrement…then I saw Human Centipede.  The film was ridiculous and awful and grotesque, but you’ve probably heard of it simply because it was so ridiculous and awful and grotesque.  Well now they are making a sequel (which has already been banned in Britain) and I’ll probably end up seeing it, but I have no rationale reason as to why (The Wrap).

Law & Order: SVU – It was recently announced that Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) will not be returning for season 13, and now the show announced they are bringing back Fin (Ice-T) for two more seasons.  A double kick in the shorts because Stabler was the best character on the show and Fin is by far the worst.  Doubtful the show will be able to surprise this double blow, but only time will tell (EW).

No comments:

Post a Comment